|Birth Doula & Postpartum Doula Services
Create grace and ease for your birth and motherhood with a continuum of birth and postpartum doula care. "Doula" is an ancient Greek word meaning "a woman who serves." As a doula, I serve my clients with loving care, respect, compassion and non-judgment.
I am delighted to offer my birth doula care and postpartum doula care in tandem with the amazing Michele Kolakowski of Sanctuary Healing Arts and with the additional doula back-up support of the other birth divas at Birth Assistants of Boulder.
We are currently interviewing with families giving birth in Spring, Summer & Fall 2014 in Boulder County and surrounding communities. Please call or email for more details, availability and pricing info.
Birth Doula Care
Birth doula care helps you create grace and ease to labor and give birth at your home, a birthing center, and/or hospital. At your birth, your birth doulas anticipate and respond to you and your family's changing needs throughout labor and birth. Your birth doula provides suggestions, guidance and assistance in integrating a unique blend of comfort measures focused on your physical and emotional well being.
Birth Doula Package Includes:
Two prenatal visits in your home
On-call availability from the time I am hired
Continuous attendance at your birth
Settling-in for the first two hours after the birth
One postpartum visit in your home - checking-in about sleep, healing, nursing, babycare, etc
Postpartum Doula Care
Postpartum doula care helps you create a sanctuary in your home where your new family can thrive. Today, families tend to live farther apart instead of three or more generations under one roof where older women model and pass on "mothering wisdom" to new mothers in the spontaneous daily rhythms of new families' lives. Many mothering traditions may be learned from a book or the Internet without the personal tough that instills a new mother's confidence in her inner widsom. A postpartum doula fills this "mothering the mother" role with professional, evidence-based guidance that nurtures each mother's unique path and her own self determination to care for herself and her family.
Postpartum Doula Package Options:
wonder week series
- Three 4-hour postpartum care home visits (12 hrs @ $40/hr)
- $480 or $240 due at time of hire and $240 balance due by 37 weeks
sweet start series
- Six 4-hour postpartum care home visits (24 hrs @ $40/hr)
- $960 or $480 due at time of hire and $480 balance due by 37 weeks
mellow month series
- Twelve 4-hour postpartum care home visits (48 hrs @ $38*/hr - enjoy a 5% discount)
- $1,824 or $912 due at time of hire and $912 balance due by 37 weeks
new family nirvana series
Based on Aruyvedic tradition of 42 days of postpartum care to live vibrantly for another 42 years!
- Eighteen 4-hour postpartum care home visits (72 hrs @ $35*/hr - enjoy a 14% discount)
- $2,520 or $1,260 due at time of hire and $1,260 balance due by 37 weeks
pptional add-ons payable at time of care
- Additional Postpartum Care hours at respective package rates $35/$38/$40/hour added to 4-hour visit per day
- “Mama Massage” 1 hour @$85/hr additional fee during 4-hour visit by Registered Massage Therapist with Maternity Massage Certification
- “Lay Me Down To Sleep” overnight postpartum doula care for 8-hour minimum @ $35/hr
I am a member of the fabulous doula group Birth Assistants of Boulder. Check out our webpage to meet the other doulas on my team: www.birthassistantsofboulder.com
Current doula clients can use this button to book your prenatal and postpartum visits:
If you are not a current client but would like to become one, contact me today to arrange an interview!
Holistic Birthing Copyright © 2004 - 2014 All Rights Reserved